19 Sep Q.core: High-Performance Data Acquisition Controller
Sponsored Post – The Q.core is Gantner’s new product innovation toward a high-performance streaming data architecture for test & measurement, asset monitoring, and AI applications. A streaming data architecture is a framework of software components built to process extensive data from multiple sources.
The Q.core is a 19” slimline Rack (1HU) with a powerful data acquisition core and a built-in 1GB Ethernet Switch. Up to 6 Q.station can be connected (client), and one Ethernet port is used for communication with the network. The GI.data core acts like a master Q.station and can acquire data streams from all connected Q.stations.
Stream processing using a Q.core provides several benefits that other data acquisition platforms cannot:
- Easy data scalability – Q.core is a scalable data backend for merging multi-frequency data from thousands of sensors into one synchronized stream, eliminating the need for complex data engineering projects.
- Multi-source data analysis – Detecting patterns over time, for example, looking for trends, requires continuously processing and analyzing data. Q.core enables online evaluation of large volumes of measurement data and arithmetic channels streaming from multiple Q.stations simultaneously.
- Remote data monitoring – With Q.core’s online dashboard functionality, you don’t have to be near your data acquisition system to monitor your measurement data. With the built-in web server, you can easily access and even share your dashboard with a team of engineers or your customer(s).
- Flexibility and support for multiple use cases – Q.core is a collaborative solution for improving the accessibility of measurement data through multiple file format support (UDBF, DAT, FAMOS, MATFile, and more) and the interoperability with supervisory systems via industrial Ethernet protocols (Modbus TCP/IP, OPC UA, DDS) or custom protocol plugins.
- Standalone data acquisition – Q.core supports built-in data storage on its internal SSD or optional USB external hard drive without relying on a Windows PC for critical data acquisition tasks. If so desired, the Q.core can run wholly disconnected from the company network, greatly reducing cybersecurity threats.
- Easy integration to GI.cloud with remote service